born on October 07, 1932 and
passed away on August 24, 2012.
7 October 1932 - 24 Aug 2012
A person who never held a grudge. That's the best possible way to describe my grandmother. My grandmother, Mary Shakunthala David or my Dama (as I fondly call her), was the woman I lived with for fourteen years of my life. She was strong, independent, extremely adamant and incredibly energetic that she could talk for hours! It was because of all these mixed qualities that there was never a day when we didn't fight. And if there was a day like that, then I would consider it a bad day.
I can't possibly fit the fights we've had in a single page but if there's one I have to mention then it's the fact that no matter what, we always had each other's back. Like the times when I skipped classes and told Dama that I don't want to go, she'd call and tell my teacher that I won't be in today because I'm sick! Or when I knew for a fact that she didn't take her pills that day and when I'm questioned about it by my parents especially dad, I'd say "of course, she did!" So yes, our relationship included a bunch of "white lies" too.
My grandmother was my best friend. She was there whenever I needed her and she would barge in even if I didn't want her to. It's truly a blessing that I had someone like that in my life. She changed me and moulded me for the better. She taught me how to be strong when there are hurdles everywhere. And I still remember what she once told me, she said that "There are hurdles and difficulties in your life because God knows that you are strong enough to handle it."
I cannot thank her enough for all that she's taught me and I thank God for giving me such an amazing grandparent who's love for me and my family was endless.
I miss her, my best friend, my comforter and my guardian, every single day. I love you, Dama.
Thank you for everything.
- Meghna Nathanya Immanuel
Mary Shakuntala David
- A loving wife to David Prabalanathan
- A loving and ever caring mother to three daughters and a son. Catherine Nirmala, Ruby Florence, Stella Racheal and Immanuel Theophles Raj Kumar.
- A one of kind and very supportive mom-in-law to Arvind, Darwin, Victor and Suchi.
- A most loving Grand mom to Lydia, Solomon, Angel, Shirley, Meghna, Jemima and Clement.
- A caring sister to Stanley, George and Joe.
- A stand out sis-in-law to Jebamani, Rabecca, Rajamani, Somasundram and John
- A loving �aunt� to Bobby, Sukie, Alwin, Shuba, Vallie, Kumar, Pamela, Sheila, Joe, Stephen.
- A friend and guide to many.
It is true that we are still thinking and cherished our memories of our grandma. First of all she shows the love and affection to all our relatives and other people also.. The way that she shows love to us.. we will also adopt in our life... -Jemima,Clement
Miss your presence Mee...always.